Friday, September 4, 2009

The Showdown at Oh-Kid Corral

The gleam in his eye is such that you'd think the sun was reflecting in it.  I can see the steady resolve.  Slowly, methodically, purposefully he moves closer.

Like an animal backed into a corner I realize I must match this intensity if I hope to come out of it unscathed.  I stand to my feet, slowly without lowering my gaze.  I must not look away.  Keep it together!  I raise my trembling hand to my forehead and wipe my brow.  I feel the chill crawl down my spine.  This is it.  Steady now.

He paces cautiously in a circle, never looking away.

Fresh beads of sweat introduce themselves to the back of my neck causing a shiver I refuse to allow.  I match his gaze, I stay the same distance from him, pacing opposite him awaiting his move, ready to counter.  Then I see it.

He stands up straight, plants his feet firmly beneath him and I swear I see a small curl on his upper lip.

I crouch further to strengthen my stance.  Here it comes.  I fight the urge to close my eyes while dropping to a fetal position on the floor.  Stay strong.  You can do this.  

The neighbor's dog starts to howl as he hears the most shrill, inhuman-like, chilling wail ever followed instantly by a blunt thud.  I dive in, grabbing him by his waist, fighting what I would swear was an octopus, arms and legs everywhere.  Twisting, turning, twirling.  I hold on trying to sustain minimal damage.  All at once I snatch him up and run.

He swings wildly like a caged animal hitting me square in the nose.  He wants blood.  Another blow to the knee.

Limping and bleeding I maintain.  I must complete the task or no one will be safe!  Finally I see it, its right in front of me.  Almost there.  I plant this little ball of fury firmly behind the baby gate to his room for a nice long time out!  With an almost unseen smirk in the corner of my mouth I wipe my hands together and walk off.  Victoriously ending the temper tantrum from my 3-year-old!

I'm convinced moms should have military-issued body armor for moments like this...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Mamasaun said...

Thanks! =D

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your shadesofamother.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com